Dietary Advice for the Whole Family
- Consult with Wendy Lord for professional, friendly nutrition advice for a variety of conditions and requirements.
- Wendy Lord’s approach to dietary counseling is to provide information, gentle encouragement and support.
- Wendy Lord believes that food is there to be enjoyed. It is a fundamental part of our lives, not only for survival but also for enjoyment.
Memberships and Accreditation
- The Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Centre for Diabetes and Endocrinology (CDE)
- South African Dietetics Association (ADSA)
- Discovery Vitality Partner (Discovery)
- Dieticians at Work (DAW)
- Geneway (Geneway)
- DNAlysis (DNA)
Wendy Lord has been practising as a dietician since 1999. After completing her degree and post-graduate diploma in dietetics at the University of Natal, Pitermaritzburg, Wendy Lord started her own practice in Petervale, Sandton. In 2004 she moved her practice to the Medicross in Edenvale, and in 2012 she relocated to Parkmore, Sandton, where you can find her now.
Wendy Lord enjoys variety and thrives in a number work environments. While running her practice, Wendy Lord has also worked in hospitals, both in the wards and in the kitchen, consulting with patients and being involved in the production of the food and the development of appropriate menus and recipes for a range of medical conditions, including diabetes, heart disease, surgery and kidney disease. Wendy started working for Dieticians at Work at their practice at NHC Health Centre Bryanston and then moved on to manage Dieticians At Work for 2 years. Wendy is now 100% focused on her private practice and you.
Wendy Lord has also been involved in the planning and analysis of menus for institutions including hospitals, schools, orphanages and boarding houses and residences. She has also been involved in assessing office canteen menus and recommending improvements.
Recently Wendy Lord has also been involved in Corporate Wellness Days, providing nutrition advice, talks and cooking demonstrations at annual wellness events. Longterm Wellness Makeovers and weight loss competitions have also been well received.
Food is an important part of our lives, both for life and for enjoyment. Wendy’s motto is:
Go back to basics!
Eat REAL food that is TASTY and SIMPLY prepared!